New Features of Value Pack XXKQB for Galaxy S PLUS I9001:
- Face Unlock
- New Kernel with huge RAM (Total RAM: 364 )
- Galaxy S II ICS Lockscreen
- Photo Editor
- Built-in TouchWiz 4
- Improved Camera UI + Can capture pictures while shooting a video
- Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape
- Overall speed improvements
- GPU Performance slightly increased
- Some Google Apps updated
Rooting Information: Applying this update dosen't mean that you need to root the device before & also the device will not get rooted after applying this update. Just in case if your device is rooted, after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked. We will try our level best to come up with the rooting article separately.Disclaimer: Neither we, nor developer should be held responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. It’s very unlikely that there will be any issues but just in case if at all there are any issues then we are committed to help you in solving the same.
Essential pre Requisites:
All the data present in your Galaxy S PLUS I9001 should be backed up as in the process of applying this update, the data might get either lost or corrupted. With the help of below mentioned steps you can easily backup the same. After updating with this release, your PC Suite will no longer support the device as it’s in the custom ROM firmware.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy S I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
So assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, you can now proceed :
Procedure to Update Galaxy S PLUS I9001 with Value Pack Gingerbread XXKQB 2.3.6 Firmware:
- Download the Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 Package from here to your computer and once you download the same, extract in your computer. Once the file is extracted, you shall see the extracted files as shown in the below screen capture.
- From the extracted files, open the Odin in your computer and turn Off your device so that you can then enter the device in the Download Mode.
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
- Connect your phone to the computer, after which the ID : COM section will turn yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully installed.
Note: if the ID : COM section doesn’t turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are mentioned below,
• Install the USB Drivers in your computer &• Go to the Path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Click on “PDA” to select the file “I9001XXKQB_I9001OXXKP8_I9001XXKPL_HOME.tar.md5” which you can find in the extracted zip file.
- The Galaxy S PLUS I9001 can be entered into recovery mode by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
- In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device. This will ensure that no force close errors are occurred after successful rooting.
Note: At any point of time just in case if the process of firmware update gets stopped due to any reason, all you need to do is restart the process from the start by re inserting the battery.
Congrats! You have now successfully updated your Galaxy PLUS I9001 with the latest firmware of Value Pack XXKQB 2.3.6 Firmware. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues as we will try to address the same at the earliest.